QUB Green delegates attended the Green Party special convention in Dublin's RDS to vote on the new programme for government negotiations!
Our delegates voted in favour of the new programme as it contained some of the most radical changes we have yet seen since the Green Party entered government in 2007.
Here are some examples of what has been gained and will be implemented by the government:
- 127,000 new jobs to be created in the green and smart economies over the next decade!
- 12,000 new jobs in locally-based rural enterprises between now and 2013!
- No 3rd Level Fees in the Republic of Ireland!
- 500 new teaching posts at primary and secondary level over the next 3 years!
- Protection for the Hill of Tara by designating such areas as Landscape Conservation Areas!
- A Cap on Incineration capacity!
- An end to corporate donations to political parties!
- Transport will be 2:1 in favour of public transport over roads!
- Ireland will become a GM Free Zone!
- Fur-farming will be phased out over 3 years!
- Stag hunting will be banned!
- There will be no more culling of badgers!
You can read a summary of all that has been gained at this link.